Since Maddie likes these things and tagged me, it would be ungentlemanly of me to decline. I was going to make up some things to make myself seem more interesting, but as always it’s been a long week so you get the boring truth. To wit, “8 things you (probably) don’t know about me”:
1. I like to cook and am pretty good at it. Nothing gourmet by any stretch, but I can whip up a decent meal.
2. Perhaps because of #1, I am a shameful addict of the Food Network.
3. I always hated driving, so I gave it up about eight years ago.
4. When I was a senior in high school I was accepted to NYU’s screenwriting program but chose not to go, mostly for financial reasons. Occasionally I still wonder how things would have turned out had I made a different choice.
5. During the summers of 1991 and 1992 I was one of the local experts on fishing in Ocean City, Maryland. My first job after college was handling PR for a marina there, and I actually wrote a weekly fishing column for a newspaper and produced a daily fishing report for a radio station. I have never fished in my life. (It turned out to be good training for association work.)
6. I am somewhat addicted to television shows on DVD and have been known to watch ten or more hours straight of shows like “The Wire” or “The Shield.”
7. Those of you who have met me may know this, but since most of you haven’t, I have an extremely loud and boisterous laugh, and I laugh a lot. I’m often told by friends that they can always find me in a crowd.
8. I’m a voracious reader (though less and less as I get older, alas), and when I was a child, a precocious reader. When I was nine years old I somehow managed to get ahold of Stephen King’s “The Shining” and it scared the living hell out of me. That “Friends” episode where Joey hides his copy of “The Shining” in the freezer has always resonated with me.
And now for my eight tags:
And two people who don’t blog, but should:
7. Vinay Kumar
8. Kevin Whorton